Tile is a traditional finishing material, because it has all the qualities necessary for this purpose. Being resistant to moisture, the tile is able to serve regularly for many years. Consider the principles for choosing a bathroom tile: design, photo of the best examples and original design ideas.
Bathroom tiles: design, photo and benefits of use
Tile in the bathroom is used for finishing for a number of reasons. The advantages of this material make it the most suitable option and allow you to create interiors that will last for many years. So, among the main advantages of this solution it is worth noting:
- a huge selection of colors and textures. On sale you can find material that mimics a wide variety of surfaces, including brick, stone, fabric. Particularly popular use in the bathroom tile under the tree;
- tile for the bathroom has an extremely high level of wear resistance and practically does not lend itself to mechanical damage during operation;
- tile installation is quite simple, and can be carried out independently;
- the tile is resistant to detergents, including when it comes to aggressive chemical compounds;
- temperature drops in the room are not able to influence the material;
- the service life of a tile is quite long, and with careful handling it can be more than one decade.
Of course, like any other material, bathroom tile has some disadvantages, among which are low thermal insulation properties of the material. In addition, with a strong and sharp blow, the tile can break, so you should not drop heavy objects on it.
Choosing a tile in the bath, you need to understand how serious this decorative material will be subjected to stress, and, on this basis, to choose a tile of a suitable thickness. So, the walls of a room are usually subject to less impact, therefore for their decoration it will be enough to have tiles up to 1 cm thick.
In addition, it is extremely important to choose a tile, the size of which will be commensurate with the area of the room. It is not necessary to purchase finishing material of large size, if you have to arrange a small bathroom. Firstly, it will look bad, and secondly, it will lead to an increase in the cost of buying the material, since in this case more trimming is required.
The choice of tile for the bathroom is based on an understanding of which characteristics are the most important, and what you should pay attention to in the first place. In some cases, improperly chosen tile becomes a serious obstacle to the design of the room. To avoid this, in addition to the color and shape of the elements, you need to pay attention to such aspects:
- tile quality: all elements must have exactly the same shape, a smooth surface without damage, cavities and protrusions;
- the manufacturer in this case plays a significant role, since it often determines the quality of the material. It is best to give preference to popular foreign companies that have a good reputation and have not been in a decent position in the building materials market for many years;
- the presence and location of pictures, if any. The fact is that the background tile can be cut to the desired dimensions without any problems, but cutting the ornament is problematic, since it is difficult to correctly match the design;
- the presence of the collection. In some cases, manufacturers initially offer customers to purchase a ready-made kit for the design of the entire premises, the elements in which ideally fit together. Typically, such assemblies include tile for walls and floors, curbs, decors, etc.
Helpful advice! The curb is the wrong solution for a small bathroom. This element is appropriate only in large rooms, since its goal is to create a single belt, which in a small bathroom will be simply covered with furniture and sanitary ware.
From the way in which the tile will be laid, depends largely on the appearance of the room and its appearance. Therefore, this issue should be approached as responsibly as possible, having considered all the popular options. First of all, let’s pay attention to existing styling methods:
- Classic – you need to start gluing tiles from the center of the room. This is not the most economical way, however, the styling looks very nice and neat in this case. In the corners, the tiles are simply trimmed to the desired size;
- You can start laying from the corner, gradually moving to the opposite wall. But in this case, it is simply impossible to assume what the size of the last row of tiles will be. If you have to cut the elements to a narrow strip, this can significantly impair the appearance of the wall or floor, but this method is one of the most economical;
- tile laying from the center means completely symmetric arrangement of elements. In contrast to the classical one, in this case the center of the wall falls on the junction of the tiles, and in the corners two identical cuts are obtained.
But if the owners want the ceramic tile in the bathroom to be really the best, then you should pay attention to the products of famous foreign companies. So, on sale you can find high-quality finishing materials made in Spain. Ceramic tiles in this case will cost the owners about 1500-2500 rubles per 1 m ?.
It can be concluded that the choice of tile for bathrooms is a difficult, but very interesting task. Due to the presence of a large number of options, everyone can pick up exactly the one that will taste and translate their own ideas and ideas into this small, but very functionally important room.