Suspended ceiling is a structure that is attached with canopies or directly to the draft ceiling. Almost any kind of decorative material can be used for this, but a lathing or metal frame is usually used as an attachment. Consider what can be suspended ceilings: photo examples of the design of various materials, as well as the installation features of each type of construction.
Suspended ceilings: photo designs of drywall. Advantages and disadvantages of the solution
Most often, installation of suspended ceilings is carried out using a material such as plasterboard. This popularity of this solution is associated with many of the advantages that the owners receive, deciding to give preference to this option:
- almost any, even the most complex in form, can be created from drywall. Of course, in some cases, you have to resort to the help of professionals, so that all the curved lines fit perfectly and look aesthetically pleasing, but any complex sketch can be realized if desired;
- gypsum cardboard is completely environmentally friendly, as it consists exclusively of natural materials arranged in layers: cardboard, gypsum, cardboard;
- the material meets all the requirements that apply to the coating used for such purposes. It possesses due durability and reliability;
- for drywall there is a huge selection of finishing coatings, including painting, wallpapering, whitewashing and other;
- using this coating, you can hide any communication that takes place on the surface of the draft ceiling;
- use of any type of lighting is allowed;
- the cost of the material is more than acceptable and allows you to make a quality repair at a reasonable price.
Against the background of all these advantages, there are practically no flaws, but you should also pay attention to them in order to avoid an unforeseen result after all the work has been completed. This design takes up space, which already may not be much, if the ceilings in the room are low. In addition, the installation of such a structure takes a lot of time, when compared with other options, the installation of which is a matter of several hours.
Helpful advice! As an alternative solution, consider installing a stretch ceiling. It is also able to hide all defects and defects of the surface, and at the same time it is installed faster. Although its cost is quite high.
It is allowed that the suspended ceilings in the hall were multi-level, since usually this room has the largest area. Considering the fact that the height of the room will decrease after the installation of the structure, therefore for rooms that are initially lower than 2.5 m, this does not make sense.
In cases where the initial data does not meet the requirements, and the owner’s desire to equip the two-level ceiling is indeed large, a compromise option can be considered, which involves placing the second level only around the room perimeter. In this case, the backlight located in the second level looks great.
If the height is enough, then the options for decorating a two-level ceiling are huge. To do this, you can use all sorts of original colors, as well as techniques with lighting. It is very convenient to carry out zoning of the room in this way, as well as, if necessary, change the visual perception of the room.
For example, if there is a need to make a suspended ceiling in the kitchen, the area of which allows you to accommodate a cooking area, as well as a dining room. In this case, the separation can be achieved by placing the ceiling covering at different levels, some colors, as well as the specifics of the location of the lighting.
Helpful advice! With a lack of height of the room, it is better to give preference to a single-level design. Moreover, there are a lot of options for its execution today, and you can think of a no less worthy and beautiful structure that will allow you to save the maximum amount of space.
As already mentioned, using such a simple material as drywall, you can create a unique room design. Here are some ideas for further design, suitable for almost any interior:
- drywall can be painted in any color you like. When choosing a paint of suitable composition, the coating will be extremely reliable and, if handled with care, will last more than one year. Moreover, if desired, the hanging ceiling can always be repainted, refreshing the interior;
- Photos of modern suspended ceilings in the living room demonstrate the beauty of using mirror inserts in the design. Of course, for the kitchen and bathroom, this option is absolutely not suitable. Yes, and for the bedroom this solution can be called very specific, but in the hallway or living room, this solution can visually expand the space;
- Decorative plaster is one of the most sophisticated, though not simple, methods of finishing the surface of the ceiling. Looking through the photo of suspended ceilings for the bedroom, you can be sure of the diversity and beauty of the existing options;
- wallpapering is a traditional way of finishing the ceiling, which has been actively used for several decades. It is fair to say that this solution does not contribute to the expansion of space and usually visually lowers the ceiling. Although for rooms with high ceilings such a method is fully justified and allows you to create the missing comfort;
- Gypsum or polyurethane moldings are another permissible way to decorate a hinged ceiling. With the right choice of pattern or ornament, this allows you to give the room the desired solemnity.
The main difficulty faced in the event of a decision to install a solid ceiling – access to communications that pass over the hinged structure and periodically require maintenance. Usually, special hatches are installed for this purpose, which make it easy to maintain the ventilation and lighting systems.
Suspended ceilings are versatile designs that allow you to hide any imperfections of the draft surface and make a perfectly flat and smooth ceiling. At the same time, the number of design options is so great that such a design will perfectly fit into any interior. Of course, in the selection process, it is important to pay attention to the technical characteristics of the material, especially if you have to install a suspended ceiling in the bathroom or kitchen. But otherwise, the possibilities of the owners are practically unlimited.