The perfect choice for lovers of elegance and comfort – a bed with a soft headboard. A model of this type is usually made of solid wood or MDF with a wooden or metal base. The soft back of the product, upholstered with expensive fabric or natural leather, will be a great addition to the interior of the bedroom in the style of high-tech, classic and modern. And additional decoration of the product can serve as stones, rhinestones, buttons and decorative stitching.
Bed with a soft headboard: design features
Modern manufacturers provide a wide selection of beds with a soft headboard. The cost of the product depends on the design, the number of decorative elements and the coating material, as well as on the manufacturer. It is not difficult to buy a bed with a beautiful headboard on the territory of the Russian Federation, since such furniture produces a huge number of factories. Product quality is inferior to models from Italy and America, and the price of a domestic product is much lower.
A double bed with a headboard, made in a futuristic style, is an excellent addition to the bedroom of a country house or apartment.
Designed such a bed on the same principle as the usual. For the manufacture of the frame using wood, metal, MDF or chipboard. The next stage is finishing. For this purpose, a synthetic winterizer or foam rubber is used, which is attached to the base and covered with a cloth. Fixed coating on the back of the nails or using a stapler for furniture. Further, with the help of screws and a drill, the backrest is connected to the body of the bed. Due to this, a strong and reliable construction is obtained, and the soft decoration gives the bed a chic look.
Soft back, like any piece of furniture, has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to weigh the pros and cons before buying. Consider the advantages of a soft headboard:
- fashionable appearance – soft back refreshes the interior and gives the room a modern look;
- comfort – it is very convenient to read or work, relying on a soft headboard;
- protection from injury – less likely to get injured on the side of the bed.
But this headboard has drawbacks:
- dimensions – because of the soft backrest, the size of the bed will increase slightly, and such a piece of furniture will not be suitable for a small room;
- high price – since this is a novelty, then its cost is higher compared to a regular bed;
- Increased care – a soft headboard requires more frequent cleaning and meticulous care than regular furniture.
But the negative qualities are not so critical as to give up such a convenient and beautiful product as a soft back for the bed.
A variety of upholstered beds can put any buyer in difficulty. You can group items with a soft headboard according to the following criteria:
- view of the head;
- basis material (natural wood, plywood, MDF, chipboard, metal);
- number of beds (single, double, one and a half);
- age category (children, teenagers, adults);
- headboard shape (rectangular, square, round, arbitrary shape);
- style (classic, modern, loft, hi-tech, Provence);
- quality and price (elite and standard).
In appearance, there are such models of backs:
- Stationary backs – the most common option. Their peculiarity lies in the fact that the headboard is an integral part of the bed, which means that the back is not removed and so simply does not change. The lack of the product – to clean the upholstery is somewhat problematic.
- Attached headboard – this product is gaining popularity. This back – independent furniture module. Very often, such a soft headboard is part of the shelf, which means that it is attached to it, and not to the bed.
- Hinged back – this model is used very rarely. Usually this product plays only a decorative function, because it is fixed weakly. Most often the back looks like one or two small pillows. Fastening is carried out on a wooden or metal plank nailed to the wall.
Also, a bed with a soft back can be added with drawers, shelves or a screen.
The classic version for the design of the headboard is leather. Thanks to this material, the back for the bed looks expensive and elegant. This coating will last a long time, because the skin is very durable. In addition, upholstery amenable to wet cleaning.
It is not necessary to use expensive natural leather as a lining. It can be replaced with an eco-friendly and absolutely safe material – high-quality, eco-leather.
In the bedroom, a person spends most of his life. Therefore, all products in this room must meet certain characteristics and be of high quality. Ecoskin conforms to all necessary requirements, namely:
- the material is breathing;
- polyvinyl chloride is not used in production;
- artificial turf is warm and pleasant to the touch;
- different durability and excellent wear resistance.
But a bed with a leather headboard doesn’t look as comfortable as a backrest made of fabric. Very often velor, velvet, plush and chenille are used as upholstery. Also, if desired, you can use natural fabrics: linen and silk. The disadvantage of the fabric lining is that it accumulates dirt and dust.
Helpful advice! For fabric upholstery is better to buy a cover on the headboard. It will help get rid of the problem of contamination of the textile back.
White and beige are the classic and most popular colors for plush and leather headboards. But modern manufacturers provide a whole range of pastel colors for beds with a soft headboard.
The traditional way to decorate a headboard is a four-sided carriage. This decoration is created with the help of buttons that form puffy squares and rhombuses. Using rhinestones and stones, you can add a product of royal chic. It is recommended to decorate the back with gold leaf.
Fans of modern style can play with the fabrics and colors of headboard covers. They can be changed depending on mood and personal preferences.
When choosing a bed, it is important to pay attention to the quality of the mattress. It depends on him more comfort. It is best to have an orthopedic mattress. Also consider the following rule: the older the owner of the bed, the higher it should be. After all, a young man can easily climb into any bed, but the older person is more difficult to get up from a low bed and sit on it.
It is favorable to buy high beds, after all in models above 70 cm it is possible to place boxes for bed linen and other things. The drawers can be sliding or equipped with a lifting mechanism. This mechanism will allow you to easily lift the mattress and open a niche for linen. In beds with a headboard and lifting mechanism 160×200 the frame is not attached to the frame firmly.
The mechanism for lifting is of several types:
- The easiest is manual. The frame is raised by the owner of the bed, and the hinges do not allow the mattress to crawl. This option is the cheapest.
- Spring mechanism – works thanks to springs. There is an opportunity to adjust the device depending on the lifted weight. To lift does not need to put a lot of effort.
- The gas elevator is the most modern and convenient way; there is gas inside the device. In this variant, a minimum voltage will be required for lifting. The minus of such a mechanism is that it cannot be adjusted. In the case of increasing the weight of sleeping or installing a new orthopedic mattress, the old gas elevator will have to be replaced with a new one.
Users note the quality of the leather upholstery of the headboard, also emphasizes the practicality of such material. Buyers who have purchased a textile soft back, recommend the use of a removable cover. It is very practical, because at any time it can be removed and washed.
Owners of beds with a soft headboard in white or light shades say that the products are perfectly cleanable, but over time they lose their whiteness and become dirty gray.