The problem of noise pollution of the human environment in the modern world is very acute. Living in apartment buildings with not very high noise protection is becoming increasingly uncomfortable for residents. Noise penetrates the apartment not only from the street through the windows, but also from the neighbors through the adjacent walls. In this regard, many solve this problem, thanks to the sound insulation of the walls in the apartment with modern materials.
Noise isolation walls in the apartment: modern materials
and their characteristics
Today, noise insulation materials are very popular in the construction market. The constantly increasing level of noise makes people look for effective ways to protect against it. This is especially true of those who live in old, dilapidated houses, whose walls are not able to hold the sound stream. There are two main ways to reduce noise loading:
- To upholster all walls with materials that absorb sound waves. They have the appearance of thick porous mattresses.
- Stick on thin (up to 15 mm.) Elastic roll materials that effectively reflect sound.
Noise insulation of walls in the apartment with modern materials can be carried out most effectively if you combine both of these methods.
Helpful advice! Before you decide on the work on noise insulation, it is necessary to accurately determine the sources of noise exposure. This will help not only to avoid unnecessary expenses, but also to solve this problem more effectively. After all, if the noise of the city is not audible, and only neighbors interfere, then it is not necessary to isolate the external walls.
As for the types of materials used to protect walls from noise exposure, then they should be chosen, knowing the advantages and disadvantages.
- gypsum sheets in combination with porous materials: ecowool, mineral wool, cellulose insulation. The advantages of such materials are: good noise protection and the creation of additional thermal insulation of external walls. The disadvantages include: the complexity of installation and a large amount of dust in it, the loss of a significant area of the room, since the insulation has a thickness of up to 12 cm;
- decorative panels. This modern soundproofing material is made from coniferous tree fibers. It looks like standard wall panels with grooves and studs on the ends for easy installation. Their surface has a decorative coating that eliminates the need for additional finishing. This material is very well suited for large rooms. Of the disadvantages, only the high cost can be noted;
- polyurethane plates, due to their good soundproofing qualities, are used even in recording studios. They have standard dimensions of 600×1200 mm. Sheet thickness not more than 15 mm. Material advantages: ease, ease of installation, good effect. Its minus: high cost;
- soundproofing membrane. This is a modern material having a thickness of only 35 mm, which makes it possible to use it in combination with other types of sound insulation. The membrane is very easy to install, as it is very flexible and can be bent at an angle. At the same time the material has a high density, which allows you to create excellent protection against noise. Its disadvantage is also a very high price;
- cork has a very beautiful decorative appearance, it is easily mounted by ordinary gluing. It is very thin. The sound insulation qualities are good, but lower than those of other materials;
- Sandwich panels are fiberglass panels enclosed between two gypsum sheets. This material has good sound insulation qualities, is easy to install, but has a large thickness, which is critical for small rooms.
For sound insulation of walls in the apartment of modern materials quite a lot. They need to be chosen, not only “affordable”, but also understanding the particular installation of each of them. In addition, you need to assess the degree of noise pollution in the apartment. You should not reinsure and mount thick materials to the detriment of an already small area. It may be enough to use more subtle protection.
Helpful advice! You can not use for sound insulation foam. It is a good heater, but the sound does not absorb.
With the installation of thin materials that are glued to the walls, no one will have any problems. The technology for the production of noise insulation of walls in an apartment with modern materials having a large thickness must be disassembled in detail.
Before starting work, it is necessary to turn off the electricity and seal all holes in the walls under the sockets with mineral wool or similar materials. At the same time it is necessary to use plaster for putty. He quickly grabs and will not have to wait long. With holes from pipes and other communications, you need to do the same.
Then, on the walls, with the help of a building level, metal guide profiles are installed vertically at a distance of 40 – 60 cm from each other. Attach the profile directly to the wall should not be. It is necessary to retreat, so that under it you can put sound insulation.
The mattresses of fiberglass, mineral wool or any other material fit very tightly between the profiles. They are attached to the wall with special anchors with wide caps. The joints are foamed or plastered. It is necessary to pay attention to the mounting density of the guide profiles. If it is insufficient, the vibration will further increase the noise in the room. After all this, with the help of screws on the finished frame of the profiles, gypsum sheets are attached. Then all the necessary finishing work on the walls is carried out.
Helpful advice! The use of two layers of drywall or gypsum fiber sandwich panels significantly increases the sound insulation effect.
If modern panels with decorative coating were used for sound insulation, then plasterboard is not required. The mounting of the guides is also not necessary, since this material is attached directly to the wall plane with the help of liquid nails. However, if the walls are not even and have large differences, then you first need to make a crate, which then fix the panels.
The most effective sound insulation is combined. To create it you need to use two different materials. For example, on a slab of mineral wool, fasten the soundproofing membrane. Then close all the drywall. This technique will give a very good effect, although it will significantly increase the cost of repairs.
Helpful advice! The metal profile should not be in direct contact with the walls, supporting structures, pipes and other elements anywhere. All points of contact must be insulated with a special insulating tape in 2 layers. This will reduce the vibration and, as a result, the penetration of noise into the room.
Correctly mounted insulation of the walls in the apartment with modern materials ensures peace and wonderful rest in your house, not only from the city noise, but also from too restless and noisy neighbors.