The railing is not only beautiful, but also a functional element of the interior. They can perform various functions: serve as a fence for a specific area, provide support to a person, ensuring his safety while moving on a staircase or ramp, and many others. There are a huge number of varieties of railings, as well as the materials from which they are made. One of the most popular types today is stainless steel railings.
Getting lost in the variety of materials and types of fencing is very simple. In order to avoid this, you need to understand what requirements must be placed on the railing:
- aesthetic appearance – railings are an element of decor, so they should look attractive;
- ease of use – do not forget about the practical function of fencing, so they should be easy to use as a support;
- Compliance with the general style of the interior – the railing of the stairs of a country house, for example, can be made of wood or metal.
If you still prefer stainless steel railings, they should be comfortable to use, safe, beautiful, durable and fit the surrounding interior. Such material as stainless steel allows to observe all these conditions, and also has a number of characteristic advantages.
The main advantage of stainless steel fences is their stylish and modern appearance. Also, if you choose a stainless steel railing, the price of components for railing fences will not be too high, which will allow you to save money. In addition, the following benefits can be highlighted:
- resistance to corrosion, high humidity, exposure to water and other adverse natural phenomena;
- resistance to temperature extremes;
- low weight with high strength characteristics;
- resistance to various kinds of mechanical damage, as well as to the effects of aggressive chemical environment;
- simplicity in installation and operation, unpretentiousness to conditions of use.
It is thanks to these qualities that stainless steel railings have become so widespread. Now they can be found almost everywhere, from industrial premises and parking lots to solid office buildings and residential buildings. Accessories for stainless steel fencing can be purchased at any specialty store.
Helpful advice! With all the advantages and advantages of the material, stainless steel can still fade with time and lose its attractive appearance. In order for this to happen as late as possible, stainless steel railings require some maintenance and periodic polishing.
Now many buyers prefer to buy not ready-made railings and other metal products, but to order their production on an individual project. This allows you to create unique designer railings that fit perfectly into the interior of your home or office. The price per meter of custom-made stainless steel railings will be higher than the template option, but worth it.
Before ordering the manufacture of railings, you need to decide on the following parameters:
- The size of the fence and its length.
- Preferred style and design of the product.
- The presence and appearance of additional elements.
- Form and appearance.
- Grade, i.e. the number and type of accessories that are provided with railings.
If you do not have enough experience, and you can not independently decide on any of these parameters, then there will never be a superfluous consultation of an experienced specialist in the field of design. It will also be appropriate to invite an expert to rate your home in terms of the relevance of a particular type of railing.
Depending on the type of ladder, different types of stainless steel railings are distinguished. Each of them has characteristic features both in manufacturing, and in installation and operation:
- railing for spinal ladders – characterized by a large number of bends, individual segments are mounted by welding. When installing products of this type, the accuracy of bending and cutting of stainless pipe for railing is of great importance. The seams that are formed when welding sections, are polished with special tools, as a result of which they become almost imperceptible;
- Railing for flight stairs – a characteristic feature of this type of structure is the presence of long straight sections. This provides for a large number of mounts to the floor or to the walls. Benefits – a wide scope for designer imagination. If you look at the photo of stainless steel railings for marching stairs, you can see the most bizarre options and styles;
- The railing for spiral staircases is one of the most difficult options, since the creation of a continuous rounded spiral requires bending of metal along a radius, which can only be done with special tools. If the railing should consist of short, but straight sections, then everything is much simpler, you just need to correctly fasten the straight segments together.
In the photo of stainless steel railings of any type, it can be seen that the surface of the products may have different processing. It can be matte or glossy, and knurling can also be carried out according to the wishes of the customer.
Helpful advice! The choice of the type of railing surface depends on two parameters: their purpose and the style of the interior in which the products are mounted.
A separate type of stainless steel railings are fences designed to divide a specific area into zones. These can be fences in the park, a fence in the parking lot, in the bicycle parking lot and in many other places. In principle, such railings differ from staircases by the presence of a larger number of straight sections. Now it is increasingly stainless steel that is used for the manufacture of railings, which are mounted on the street, as it resists corrosion very well.
Stairs to the second floor on a metal frame: beauty, elegance, ease of installation. Types and benefits. Types of metal frames. Metal railing. Manufacturing of metal stairs.
Installation of stainless steel railings can be carried out with the help of qualified specialists or on their own. The latter option requires the presence of certain skills in the field of construction and special tools, and can take quite a lot of time, but will allow you to save a lot of money.
Installation of stainless steel railings consists of several stages:
- marking for installation of support parts – in accordance with the drawing, mark the floor or walls in the places where the fixtures will be installed. Remember that the reliability of the whole structure depends on the strength of fasteners, therefore it is best if they fall on a strong supporting frame made of steel or reinforced concrete;
- installation of supports – using a punch and anchor bolts. First, holes of the required diameter are drilled in the frame, then bolts are screwed into them;
- installation of fasteners – with the help of anchor bolts, railings are fastened to the wall;
- the connection of parts into a single whole is the most difficult and labor-intensive stage of rail installation. It requires a lot of attention, as an incorrectly assembled structure can quickly become unusable.
Helpful advice! Railings are mounted after finishing the work on the site, but it is recommended to drill holes for fastenings before they are finished to avoid damage to expensive materials.
As already mentioned, stainless steel railings withstand a wide range of adverse natural and man-made impacts. But this does not mean that they absolutely do not need care. In order for all types of accessories for stainless steel railings, as well as the fencing itself, to always shine, be clean and attractive, you need to remember a few simple tips:
- In no case can not use bleach, from him the surface of a stainless steel can dim, it is better to use for this 1% solution of ammonia.
- Do not use cleaning products that contain abrasive particles, they may scratch the surface.
- Wipe the railing after cleaning with a dry, soft cloth.
- Fingerprints from the steel surface will help remove alcohol and acetone.
- To remove decals or glue residue, add eucalyptus oil to the wash water.
- Divorces from hard water, as well as traces of cement or lime mortar are removed with acetic acid solution.
To buy stainless steel railings, components for them and other elements are necessary only in specialized stores that can provide a guarantee for the product and, for an additional fee, will help with the installation of fences. Beautiful railings will decorate any interior, as well as serve as a guarantee of security.