Most modern public and residential buildings are covered with metal roofing materials. These include metal roofing and profiled. They are made by a similar technology, so the difference lies only in the form of a picture. If the first one is made in the form of a tile, then the second has the form of longitudinal ridges imitating slate. To better understand which flooring to choose for the roof, it is necessary to study its varieties and understand the meaning of marking.
Classification profiled roofing sheet
The profiled roofing sheet is produced by cold rolling a metal sheet. The product has a comb surface. This gives rigidity and allows water to flow down the grooves formed by the ridges. Combs can be in cross section of a different geometric shape, ranging from a triangle and ending with a trapezoid. It does not affect the mechanical properties, but it creates a variety when choosing a material. Therefore, it does not matter what decking to choose for the roof: with triangular or rectangular ridges. It is just a matter of consumer taste.
The profiled sheet after the rolling mill enters the shop where it is treated by electroplating. Protection is of two types:
- Zinc coating involves the use of zinc salts as a working substance. As a result of electrolysis, zinc metal is deposited on the sheet, covering it with a continuous layer. This metal interacts poorly with oxygen, which guarantees excellent protection of steel against corrosion. The more zinc was spent, the stronger the protection;
- The aluminum-zinc coating is produced using the same technology, only aluminum salts are added to the zinc salts. They are cheaper, so this coverage is more budget. In this case, the degree of protection is reduced, which makes it necessary to make another decorative coating of polymeric materials and dyes.
The top color coating is rather a decorative function, as it is not very durable. However, it can somewhat enhance the basic protection.
Helpful advice! You must be careful when installing the roof of corrugated board, as this coating can be scratched. Scratches will be clearly visible on the surface, which will reduce the presentation of the object.
Decorative coating, too, is of several types:
- glossy polyester – the easiest and cheapest coating option. During installation and operation, it quickly loses its appearance due to scratches and chips;
- Matte polyester has greater reliability and resistance to mechanical stress. Its structure is similar to velvet, and its thickness is larger, which allows it to retain color longer and not give glare;
- Pural is a polyurethane, with the addition of polyamide, a coating having a thickness of 50 microns. It has high reliability, immunity to low air temperatures and ultraviolet rays. Pural is best suited for roofing sheets;
- Plastisol is the most reliable of all types of coatings. The thickness of the PVC layer is 200 microns. This coating of polymers has embossed embossing and dashed notch. It is intended for use in harsh climatic zones, has resistance to mechanical stress, is very durable.
All these coatings are applied on a layer of paint, which can be of different colors. The name of the color may be different from different manufacturers, but the most common are shades of red, brown, blue and green. You can find bright orange, yellow and purple varnish options. What professional flooring to choose for the roof of his house, each owner decides according to their color preferences.
Based on the field of application of the material, it is possible to distinguish the following types of profiled sheet:
- Roofing (PC) is used only for roofs. It has a profile height of more than 20 mm, and a wave height above 44 mm.
- Bearing (H) is used in the construction of frames of various stalls and pavilions, sandwich panels and ceilings. It has a wave height of 35 mm.
- Wall and carrier (NA) has a universal purpose. They make bearing structures out of it, revet the walls. The wave has an even greater height (35? 44 mm.).
- Wall (C) is used only as a cladding material for walls. Its profile is from 6 to 35 mm in height.
All types of sheeting are cut into standard sheets with a length of 1.5 to 12 m. At the same time, at the request of the customer, manufacturers can cut sheets of any desired length.
Helpful advice! In order not to be mistaken in the amount of material needed to close a complex roof, you need to buy 10-15% more. If the sheets are of standard length, the excess can always be returned to the store.
As an example, you can take the marking: НС35-0,5-750-12000. To decipher it is simple: HC35- means that it is a wall bearing sheet 35 mm thick. The second number is a sheet thickness of 0.5 mm, the third is a width of 750 mm, and the fourth is a length of 12000 mm. The permissible loads on the profiled sheet depend on these characteristics. There is a special table of loads for different types of sheeting. Permissible load depends on the thickness of the sheet, the distance between the ridges, their height and varies from 50 to 960 kg / m ?.
Taking into account that sheets are used for the construction of the roof with PC marking, it is necessary to decide which roofing sheet to choose.
Before you start choosing the roofing material, you need to learn the following important things that you should pay attention to when buying:
- a product with a label – “State Standard” (GOST) is preferable to buy than – “Technical conditions” (TU), since government requirements are always higher than the standards of the manufacturer itself;
- when calculating the area of the roof should be taken into account 200-millimeter tolerances;
- You can not buy too cheap non-galvanized sheets, which quickly rust and deteriorate under the influence of adverse environmental conditions.
Helpful advice! For a roof, only a roofing sheet with a wave height not lower than 20 mm will fit; moreover, the more precipitation falls in a particular area in winter, the higher the ridge should be.
So what roof decking to choose from the listed options? Experts advise you to make a choice taking into account the region of residence, since climatic conditions are crucial in choosing.
Helpful advice! It is better to close difficult roofs with a professional flooring, than a metal tile. It does not require alignment in length, which greatly saves material.
If you correctly decide which roofing sheet to choose and lay it in accordance with the requirements, you get a beautiful and reliable roof.