The name of this product has appeared new, but its composition is traditionally based on the use of the well-known roofing material. The changes that have been made to this material have shown it positively at a higher level. As a result, users were able to apply advanced, beautiful, comfortable and reliable roofing. Photos of the types of soft roof and prices show a formal similarity with the traditional coating, but this is another, more modern material.
The peculiarity of new products used in construction is that they combine the environmental friendliness and naturalness of the materials preceding them, but are distinguished by their lower weight, simplicity of processing, and vivid presentableness. The technology of working with a soft coating makes it easy to cope with the roofs of any structures and angles of inclination.
Prices and types of soft tiles in the form of the product
The bituminous flexible tile has a flat surface. There is no ribbing on it, but this does not prevent us from talking about this material as an analogue of traditional tile. This is explained by the similarity of the method of laying, but the flexible roof has a wider application and can be used on complex, round, with turrets, hybrid and other types of roofs.
- single layer;
- multilayer or laminated;
- with metallic coating.
Soft-roof video: device technology. Various types of soft roof: advantages and disadvantages. Technology installation of various roofs: tiles and roll materials.
In addition to bitumen, fiberglass is largely present in the composition of soft roofing material. This gives the tile a high resistance to tearing and stretching, incombustibility and resistance to deformation under the influence of high temperatures. The technology of using the roof allows you to use it to re-overlap over the old soft material.
Such a strengthening of the roof will not create an excessive load on its base, as it does not have excess weight. This parameter is only from 9 to 13 kg per m ?. As a result, the repair will be less time consuming, waste-free, and the remaining layer will become an additional protective cover from cold and noise.
In the photo, the types and prices of a soft roof stand out as a real attraction. The lower part of the product has adhesive qualities, so it is protected from self-adhering with film or sanding. During laying on the roof, this ball is removed, and after combining the bituminous substances, it sticks together. Faster this process occurs if the material is heated.
But during storage, sheets of soft roofing material must be isolated from each other, because they will become unusable. It is very important to consider that the tile can not be laid at a temperature below -5 °. The cold will not give the material the opportunity to self-glue, and it will not last long. In addition, at a temperature below the boundary mark, the tiles will begin to break.
Only high-quality material can ensure long and reliable operation of the roofs. In this regard, all types of soft tile are valuable, because if the rules of laying are observed, they turn into a flexible, but non-breaking monolith. Such a roof will be a reliable protection of the house from heat and cold, moisture and rot.
When purchasing a product, you need to make sure that it is of high quality. Even a superficial glance will report on the state of the tile by the location of the top layer of the crumb. If it is scattered evenly, securely glued, then a good quality product. An additional tooltip that can be used is the elasticity and uniformity of the thickness of the sheet layer.
The cost of a soft roof depends on the manufacturer and the quality of the material. The price range is quite wide, and it displays the characteristics of a bitumen roof and the specifics of its use:
- Cheap materials can be purchased at a price of $ 3.2 per 1 m ?;
- The most common price of a soft roof is within $ 5.6 per 1 m ?;
- if you prefer all the best, skip the first two points and go to the products, the cost of which starts from $ 9.7 per 1 m ?.
Poor tile will give yourself excessive rigidity, which will interfere with the work with this material. Such simple methods of quality control tiles will help the buyer not to be mistaken with the choice and do not throw money away. At installation of a bituminous tile it is necessary to provide a ventilating interval between plates and logs. This will avoid rotting of the wooden elements of the batten. Also, this layer makes it possible to further insulate the roof. The exit of air vapor should be carried out from under the ridge.
The flexible tile has a number of advantages:
- low weight For working at height, this is essential, as well as the fact that the roof will not be overloaded with excessive weight. The effect that a customer gets from using such a product is obvious. This is a savings not only on the material, but also on the truss structure;
- high thermal insulation capabilities. Best of all, they manifest themselves in interaction with wooden plates, which are used as a lining;
- anti-noise protection. Under the roof of shingles much calmer and more comfortable during rain or hail. Metal counterparts cannot be compared with bituminous ones in this regard;
- similarly, the soft material is superior to the metal profile in resisting the effects of corrosion;
- not conductive. For such a roof is not required to equip grounding devices;
- not influenced by wind. Windage in this material does not appear;
- impact resistance. The roof of soft material will not suffer from a large hail, or from falling on its surface stones. This is opposed by both solid crate and damping properties of bitumen damping the impact force;
- simple and easy installation;
- Aesthetics are not achieved due to the contrast of color, but due to the possibility to combine sheets of different shapes, as well as fancy bends that cannot be made from other roofing materials. The geometry of the forms is not limited.
The shingles are not without drawbacks:
- poor frost resistance. Over time, due to temperature fluctuations, shingles are deformed, cracks and tears appear on it;
- The material shows weakness under the influence of sunlight, it is susceptible to the influence of aggressive environment, flowering. The rough surface becomes a place where dust and leaves of trees accumulate. In order to protect the material from the fungus, treatment with special means is required;
- water absorption. This figure is about 10%. It is necessary to use moisture-proof wood or plywood plates as the base;
- working with this material is not desirable on hot days, especially during repairs. Large gusts of bitumen products are possible;
- heat resistance is only + 100 ° C.
Soft roof tiles with a large slope are more profitable than other materials. With its natural tenacity, it can be laid on the roof at an angle of 90 °. For bitumen material there are no complex roof configurations. Bituminous sheets can be laid on complex curved surfaces with high precision joining and fit. Such material in this respect can not replace any other product.
Photos of soft roof allow us to conclude that it is not difficult to lay material. It is placed on pre-fixed wooden slabs. Laying is carried out from the central part of the roof to its end sections. The projections of the next row are superimposed on the mount of the previous one. For those who do such work, it is important to use a mixed selection system of sheets from different packages. This will help avoid the effect of spotted roofs.
In the places of exit to the surface of the chimney it is necessary to carry out additional insulation measures and create protection from rubber seals. For the installation of the ridge part, special sheets in the form of tiles are used. If you understand and properly lay soft tile, you can make a very beautiful roof. But if it is possible to attract a specialist, it will help reduce the probability of making mistakes to zero. This is a roof after all.